My Menu

Saturday, December 14, 2013

The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld #3) [Reyes & Danika] by Gena Showalter ~~~ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ~~~

There is nothing like a stormy wintery weekend to catch up on my reading. Lately I haven't been reading as frequently as before. Things keep getting in my way. But as it seems the weather and this amazing series has brought me back to myself :)

Another great book in the series. I really enjoyed this one. I admit it gets a little bit too mushy for me in the end (and I can't get why they are so eager to bring on kids into the charade - aka Maddox and Ashlyn) But all in all it's a REALLY good series. It delivers exactly what it should - Action of the Paranormal staff and extraordinary Romance with Happily Ever After.
 In this book Reyes finally searches for Danika whom he misses with a vengeance. Every moment without her is a torment he cannot endure (and it doesn't help he is coupled with the demon of Pain..). But even together Reyes resists Danika, He doesn't want to damn her to his demon like happened in his pasts where the women he slept with became obsessed with inflicting pain unto themselves and others. Danika from her end, REALLY craves Reyes but she doesn't want to allow herself to get close to him, too close to him - making it impossible for her to leave him.

Danika has a difficult struggle throughout the book. She wants to trust Reyes, but it is very hard for her to accept his world and trust his brothers in arms. She had made a bargain with one of the Hunters promising her he will guard her family and guard her from the Immortals but she can't help the Hunter if it means it will hurt Reyes as well... 

I really enjoyed Danika and Reyes's romance. The way there are apart yet together. The way she doesn't accept his reluctance to let her see his painful and gloomy self. She wants to be a part of his life - all of it. How he cares for her even when he strugle with his demon and what he had to do to Aeron to keep him away from her.
and in the end what he does to bring her back to him (I'm not gonna say more not to spoiler except for - good one Reyes!!!)

Aeron is still in turmoil - his demon raging. the only thing helping him is the Legion which is simply ADORABLE! I'm waiting to his book to see what happens when a woman introduced into his life.. Legion is VERY protective of him. 

Paris had his own turmoil. Missing Sienna. He has a tough decision to make AKA Cronus is a bitch!! 

Though I started off disliking Sabin, I can't ignore his sense of humor so I really can't wait for his (next!) book. We get to learn a little more about the man in charge of the hunters and also we get a glimpse of the "big boss" - he ISN'T what anyone expected! 

And as another book comes to an end we also have another artifact in hand bringing the warriors to half the way to their precious Pandora's Box. 




Additional Details: Kindle Ebook, 384 pages, 13-14 December 2013 / On GoodReads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus