My Menu

Thursday, July 31, 2014

At Graves' End (Night Huntress #3) by Jeaniene Frost ~~~ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ~~~

This was a real emotional ride!!! even though this is a re-read for me, and even though I kinda remember a lot of the details it was still hard to listen to.. I have to hand it to Cat she is one hellova woman. There is nothing she can't handle even if sometimes she does need a little encouragement. But prepared to be SHOCKED! 

In this book Cat has a one motherfucker strong enemy who is also aligned with Max (her father). Both of them wants her and Bones dead - permanently dead... In order to defeat this greater evil a very powerful alignment is made between Bones and Mencheres (even if at the time, Bones isn't sure what Mencheres end game is). Mencheres has his secrets, that for sure, but he was always a favorite in my eyes, even though he tend to act without explaining himself.. (can't wait for his book! chronologically it's after the forth Cat & Bones installment)


There is another supernatural upgrade to Cat's team besides Tate ( a very suitable one! :)) and more powerful vampires arrive to help the gang including two surprises - 
(1) Ian. Who I really love. When you get his "thing", get who he is, I think you can forgive him for right about anything. He isn't a BAD person, he is just a naughty one ;) Jeaniene promised a book about him, might be the third Night Huntress World novel.. I hope!! 
(2) Vlad. Yeah, THAT Vlad. Bones might dislike him but he and Cat become close and he and me, well, what can I say, I'm totally and absolutely IN LOVE with him. His series is my absolute favorite PNR/UF series (and it's not over YET! one more book for his trilogy will be published in January 2015). 

Let's talk Tate for a minute here. I wrote in my previous review that I have my problems with jealousy in these books. I don't know why but it just sounds childish. Sometimes I get the animalistic side to vampires, therefore accept this behavior but here it's simply stupidity. Cat and Bones are practically married, yet Tate explains to Cat he will keep telling her he loves her so she'll know he is always an option. SAY WHAT?! I get that if you hate someone's boyfriend you point out all his "disadvantages" but at some point it's just, well, stupid (and kinda lame too...). At least Cat didn't have any stupid jealousy act! She even got along with Annette and Ian. 

There's a new couple you'd LOVE to read about and also Laugh Out Loud. SO Loud the neighbors will come knocking on your door! :D :D :D

I have just one final thing to say while trying not to spoiler.. See who saves the day when there is no hope. I felt like throwing my hands over him and purr "my hero!", mmm not exactly, well, yeah, maybe, something like that :P

Another great installment in the series! Might be the best out of the three. 






Additional Details: Audiobook, 9:28 Hours, 29-31 July 2014 / On GoodReads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus