My Menu

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress #6) by Jeaniene Frost ~~~ ★ ★ ~~~

I didn't really get invested in this one. I'm not sure what the "problem" was, it wasn't, well, engaging. Cat and Bones are a real married couple now, their life is quite settled, they have their friends - Spade, Denise, Ian - that help them out (no sign of Vlad and Mencheres in this one which is a shame..) There was no "major crisis" for any of the characters, while Ian is always a star with everything he says and does he didn't help the book be more appealing.

There is a "big deal" with the one replacing Don (not Tate as they thought) and so there is more material for the next book, but actually come to think about it, I would rather skip this book and have all the "big bad" of Madigan (Don's replacement) in the last book. I must say I really dislike Don and how he manipulated Cat in the past and as it seems still does in the present, keeping staff from her. He clearly knows Madigan and knows he is up to no good but he won't share his knowledge with Cat. So tell me, why is he still around as a ghost when he has no real purpose? He doesn't do anything, he doesn't help and he is more in the way since Cat thinks he is trying to help her while he clearly doesn't. 

This book felt like - bones without the meat (pun intended..). There was nothing really important in this book aside from meeting Madigan. The story line itself is of Cat and Bones helping Elizabeth (a friendly ghost and Fabian's love interest) get rid of a killer ghost that materializes once a year to kill women he considered to be witches. 

I wish there was more to this one, more funny Ian, more of Cat and Bones being fun and games and less being husband and wife in a too sugary and sticky way. I find I can't stand their lovey-dovey moments especially when Cat keeps praising Bones' looks. He's a guy.. stop telling us how pretty he is ;)

So yeah, ,my least favorite book. Now, timeline-wise, there is a "break" in their story line moving to the spin off trilogy of Vlad Tepesh (my absolute favorite PNR character and books). After the first two of Vlad - the last installments in the Cat and Bones series was published (a short novella and then the final book). I'm STILL waiting for the last book in Vlad's series no be published in January 2015.




Additional Details: Audiobook, 9:06 Hours, 14-18 August 2014 / On GoodReads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus