Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Burn by Aleksandr Voinov

Wait, what was that?! I'm still puzzled about what I just finished.. I mean, I was never into Sci-Fi and maybe it's because these things are WAY to complicated for me. I"m not sure I understood what BURN means.. which, well, suppose to be important right?

There is very little I can say about the plot, reading the synopsis totally gets you the idea behind it all, you are just left with revealing the "big secret" the "motive" so to speak which was a good one. Though again I'm still confused about the whole thing. 


The world building was SUPER fast, I guess if this one was a full novel we'd get it in smaller doses, but here we got it ALL in a few pages including a mystery and a sex scene (yep, all in 31 pages!). It felt like a sort of beginning to a story, maybe one day it will be more (that's what Aleksandr says right at the ending). It was a nice sort of glimpse into a very complicated yet interesting world but I'm not sure I would have read this one if it was a full novel, me and Sci-Fi don't mix that well. 

I enjoyed the story though I KNOW I didn't get a lot of the technical stuff that was mentioned. It has a sort of beginning of maybe a romantic story, but basically it's sex with a fellow pilot that leads to a lot more than Chris expected. 



Additional Details: Kindle Ebook, 31 pages, 30 November 2016 / On GoodReads

No comments:

Post a Comment