Sunday, April 2, 2017

The Sweetest Goodbye (Roadmap to Your Heart #3.5) [Billie & Dylan] by Christina Lee

For me, the name says it all. It's the sweetest goodbye from a beautiful series. I'm so happy we got Billie's story. We met him as a teenager in the 2nd installment and now, a few years later, he is grown and we revisit the small town the Montgomerys live in with little glimpses into the couples from the 2nd and 3rd installment. I LOVED Billie and even more I loved Dylan. Together they were simply endearing. I love the friends turn to lovers turf and this one was exactly that. 



Billie and Dylan knows each other for years. Though Dylan have been hiding his crush on Billie for several reasons, the first being he doesn't want to lose his best friend and also the Montgomery family who practically adopted him, besides that he knows Billie's heart belongs to one guy - Leo, his first love who left town to study Veterinary Medicine. Though Leo told Billie not to wait for him, the kind of guy Billie is, it's impossible for him to truly consider putting his love for Leo aside and so even though something is stirring between him and Dylan he isn't willing to consider it. Not to mention that like Dylan, Billie is scared of losing his best friend, the guy he trusts, cares for and sees everyday in his Bakery (as his worker). 


I SO enjoyed seeing these two walk in circles around each other, hiding emotions and yet submitting to both desire and mostly love and true friendship. It's obvious from every step one how much they care for one another so when Leo finally returns for the summer and a tragedy strikes Billie makes the decision he should have made a long time ago.


I don't want to say what the tragedy is but I'll just say it hit close to home. It broke my heart because I was there last Friday with my best friend. My heart shattered for Billie but also for her all over again (and also for me.. I've been there too a few month ago). 


I couldn't have asked for more in this short novella. It was beautiful, genuine and sweet. We got to revisit all the Montgomerys including Grammy who is AWESOME, and also Tate and Sebastian who were an inspiration for Dylan who aspires to be a dancer / performer. 


One last thing before I let you go - I'm DEAD tired. I started reading this novella late at night yesterday and since I couldn't and wouldn't put it down before I finished I went to sleep after 2 a.m. and since my watch decided I need the sleep more than I need to be woken up I found myself waking WAY too late with the most "natural alarm clock" - Lin - my Great Dane puppy. After the THIRD time she tried to wake me I opened my eyes, glanced at my watch and scrambled / fell out of bed.  


HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Also can totally be read as a stand alone. 

Note - I bought the "It Was Always You" charity Anthology which contains this short novella when it was available. You can buy it separately through the links below.   



Rating:
★★★★
E-Book
Edition
117
pages
Read on:
1-Apr-2017
     

ABOUT THIS SERIES
 
Roadmap to Your Heart is a Contemporary MM Romance series by Christina Lee. It started as a Motorcycle club themes ("Disciples Motorcycle club") but lucky for me it didn't stay that way at all or rather it stopped focusing on the MC club
So while the first two installments (#1, #1.5) were an okay read for me, the final three (#2, #3, #3/5) were SUPERB! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

The last novella was originally published as a part of the "It Was Always You" charity anthology. This Anthology isn't available, but this novella can be bought now separately. 

There's also a beautiful stand-alone prequel to the series called "Kickflip" (Originally published as "There You Stand" in the "Between Breaths" series).

Books:
1. The Darkest Flame [Vaughn O’Keefe & Smoke Callahan] (Published 17 August 2015)  ★★★ 
1.5 The Faintest Spark [Malachi "Mal" O’Rourke & Sawyer Malone] (Published 27 March 2017)  ★★ 
2. The Deepest Blue [Dean Abbott & Callum Montgomery ] (Published 4 December 2015)  ★★★★★
3. The Hardest Fall [Tate Sullivan & Sebastian Clark] (Published 23 June 2016)  ★★★★★
3.5 The Sweetest Goodbye [Billie Montgomery & Dylan Bowden] (Published 13 January 2017) ★★★★★ 
 
The Deepest Blue (Roadmap to Your Heart #2) [Dean & Callum] - See more at: http://ultrameital.blogspot.co.il/search/label/Roadmap%20to%20Your%20Heart#sthash.pcudw4OL.dpuf
The Deepest Blue (Roadmap to Your Heart #2) [Dean & Callum] by Christina Lee ~~~ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ~~~ - See more at: http://ultrameital.blogspot.co.il/search/label/Roadmap%20to%20Your%20Heart#sthash.pcudw4OL.dpuf
The Deepest Blue (Roadmap to Your Heart #2) [Dean & Callum] - See more at: http://ultrameital.blogspot.co.il/search/label/Roadmap%20to%20Your%20Heart#sthash.pcudw4OL.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment