Saturday, December 27, 2014

The Hook Up (Game On #1) by Kristen Callihan

I really wanted, and actually expected, to fall in love with this book but sadly I was mostly annoyed and finally put it down at 10%. It's not usually my style, I usually give a book at least 20-30% before I declare I'm thoroughly finished but here, both MC behavior and inner dialogue just put me off. 

Anna and Drew meet on the fist day of their last year of college. Him being the famous quarterback, she being a nobody that's not even interested in sports. From the very first second they lay eyes on each other sparks were flying and they both became utterly obsessed with each other from that second. Hardening cock and nipples included.. actually that was part of my problem.. their bodily reactions were OTT to say the least. They feel each other when the other enter the room in a way that felt totally unreal. Drew considered himself "falling" for Anna after, well, a day! maybe it was two.. but on the second day they didn't talk she just threw the candy he gave her. She on the other hand was mostly bitching about her overly heated reaction to him (at least no L words..).

If you think this is the beginning of the romance - it isn't. Anna can't stand Drew from the first second even though the little he DID to annoy her, was kinda harmless.. She TOTALLY over reacts to everything he does - especially when he tries (constantly) being nice to her and all she does is bitch and complain or ignore him. Honestly Drew the Hunk - she is not worth it!!! 

I think I stopped right before their epic sex scene (mentioned in the synopsis.. the one that was a total mistake from her point of view and the beginning of his, I'm sure obsessive, courting). I just couldn't be bothered to read the scene. I just thought about their body and mental reactions to one another - I mean, the fact that it is ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE and it was enough for me to put the book aside with a sigh of resignation. 

I LOVED the Darkest London series and I TOTALLY plan to keep reading it (The next is already pre-ordered) but I'm not going to try and read other New Adult by her. 

 (DNF 10%)

Additional Details: Kindle Ebook, 352 pages, 27 December 2014 / On GoodReads

No comments:

Post a Comment