Friday, July 24, 2015

After Hours by Cara McKenna

I can't really say what my "problem" with this book is actually. I just didn't find myself interested enough in the two main characters, alone or together. The story is told solely from Erin's POV and I was just depressed from her life and the choices she made. There was something so redundant about her life. 



The thing that annoyed me most is the dialogue between her and Kelly (the guy she works with and is going to be her love interest) - didn't make ANY sense. We are inside her head all this time and yet there was NO connection between the stupid stuff she blurbs to what she was thinking a second earlier. It was a constant dissonance.

I'm sure there is MUCH more to Kelly than meets the eye, yet, I don't think there is ANYTHING to Erin. Which is why I don't see myself continue reading (beyond the 28% I DID read) with only Erin's voice in my head. 

Usually I love Cara's writing and her characters are really interesting but here it was somehow lacking with Erin being so, well, Erin.. and us not getting enough of Kelly to spike interest.
 
 (DNF 28%)

Additional Details: Kindle Ebook, 281 pages, 20-23 July 2015 / On GoodReads

No comments:

Post a Comment