Sunday, August 30, 2015

Her Best Laid Plans by Cara McKenna

Another great novella by Cara, I can't believe I have only ONE left. When I started reading this one, I wasn't sure how another Erotica novella is going to "play out" for me. I mean, I"ve been reading short Erotica novellas practically the WHOLE month, yet this one was SUCH an EXCELLENT read, I really liked both MC (though we only get Jamie's POV), really enjoyed the way it was "played", how they came closer together. I felt the whole ride with them and in the last chapter my heart was clenching with how much I wanted it to WORK, no matter how exactly. 

I'm getting ahead of myself.. though I won't write a lot about this novella because it's short and I SHOULD leave something for you to discover ;)


Jamie is "house siting" in Ireland, cool right? only she isn't in her best element being dumped by her ex quite unexpectedly and left alone in this "adventure" by her best friend who needed to work during the summer. On her first night out she meets Connor at the "local bar". Besides the obvious attraction they soon discover there is something MORE between them. They both considered it some sort of a "perk", being able to act upon their desires without the consequences since in 10 days Jaime would be off to Boston and that would be it, so they are free to say and do whatever they like.

But that's the most dangerous thing, when you don't guard your heart and you just let yourself enjoy what life is offering you. Yet for both Jamie and Connor this ISN'T the right time. They both have a planned future they worked hard to be able to pursue so all they can do is get the best they can from these 10 days together, hoping that the future might bring them somehow close together again. 

A beautiful sweet read. I really connected with Jamie's character. I could understand her every thought and action. She was such a realistic character for me. She was brave in a sense, and yet a total scaredy cat in other moments which is exactly what made her so genuine and relate-able. Recommended! 


Additional Details: Kindle Ebook, 85 pages, 28-30 August 2015 / On GoodReads

No comments:

Post a Comment