Tuesday, February 20, 2018

The Auspicious Troubles of Chance (The Auspicious Troubles of Love #1) [Chance & Jacky] by Charlie Cochet

I'm not sure why really but I didn't connect with Chance, our sole POV. He started with a lot of "telling" of his personal history and continued with not enough of "showing". Chance had a very difficult life, being unwanted for too many years and when he finally found himself everyone he cared about were tragically taken away from him. Not knowing where to go now he finds himself in the French Legion looking for a commander that is said to be able to make a "proper soldier" out of him. Same man will turn out to be a lot more than just his officer.

I'll admit I haven't read a lot of this one. After 25%, which isn't a lot page-wise considering it's not a long novel, I felt isn't for me. Chances' way of thinking, his general disposition towards life didn't appeal to me.. So I figured I'll just let it go.. 




I can't say much about the plot so I rather not. It's obvious with this one it's me and not the book. I find as time goes by I have less patience than I used to have to books that aren't my "jam". I COULD finish this book, but I feel if I will, my general view of it won't be "better", I would probably be even more frustrated because I invested more time into something I was reluctant to do.. So yeah, sorry about this short and not very helpful or informative review - this one just wasn't for me.


Rating:

DNF 25%
E-Book
Edition
172
pages
Read on:
17-19 February 2018
     

No comments:

Post a Comment