My Menu

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

The Darkest Touch (Lords of the Underworld #11) [Torin & Keeley] by Gena Showalter ~~~ ½ ★ (DNF 55%) ~~~

I wanted to enjoy this one as much as I did the other books in the series. But after struggling like crazy through the first 9% of the book I decided to let it go. I might return to it when the next installment is out, but I'm not sure if I will (continue the series). 


This book was SO bad I have no words to describe it. Torin is thousands of years old? REALLY? I wouldn't give him more that 13 years old and the crazy bitch from hell, AKA Keeley was even worse! since she was a crazy 13 years old. BORING. I couldn't be bothered to read one more page, I swear. I am SO disappointed I don't even know what to say or write. I REALLY enjoyed the previous ones, even the last two people generally liked less. But this one was a joke. A bad joke. Also Torin doesn't even resemble himself (characters wise) to who and how he was in the previous books so I'm not sure what happened but it's not what I expected from Gena. 

Naturally I won't write anything about the plot because too little happened in the 9% I've read besides a childish banter between Torin and Keeley and listening to their teenager-y thoughts about one another and life in general...

I see a lot of raving reviews about this one but I think most is by younger crowds or people that haven't read it yet and have been waiting for it to be released. Anyhow it's not worth my time. Not at all. 

I'm not sure which character the next one will be, probably Cameo since she's the only Lord that doesn't have a book yet, but maybe Gena would write about another character, who knows.. I'm really not sure if I'll continue reading since I KNOW it would be a bad idea trying to continue with one missing book in the middle. 

I'm so angry and annoyed right now I feel like throwing staff all over the house. I'll settle on doing the laundry aggressively.. :( 

UPDATE 5-May-2016 (re-read 3-5 May 2016)
I decided to give this one another go, this time in the Audio format.I only got to the middle (55%) before I decided to put it aside. 

I'm not going to say anything about the general plot because I think it's irrelevant to my review.
This is the WORST book I've ever read. I think unlike the previous ones it's suppose to be pure (paranormal) erotica but it fails miserable since it's full of teen aged banter which we have FAR too much of, instead of actual action. They talk and talk and talk and then they think and consider then reconsider all the while the unbelievable inner angst turns into childish tantrums that doesn't even interest. 
THIS is what the buildup of Torin and Keeley's relationship is ALL about. Accusations and death threats mingled with otherworldly lust. 

We had (very!) little of other characters, a bit of Baden (not even interesting) and then Cameo and Lazarus (the same innuendos as Torin and Keeley) which didn't help..

Up until this point our MC were walking through worlds basically doing NOTHING of importance (except bantering and getting to know each other), since "Passover" was just over I feel as though they were walking 40 years in the desert just like the "Hagada" states the Jews went from Egypt to the Holy-land, who cares about that?! bring on the food! 

I'm sorry, this is the end for me. I will NOT finish reading this book and I will NOT be continuing with the series, I see this book as a disrespect for the loyal readers who adored this series as much as I did. A real shame :/   




Additional Details: Kindle Ebook, 496 pages, 24 December 2014 / On GoodReads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus